Originally posted on September 8, 2022 @ 8:23 pm
In Nigeria, bitter leaf and sour leaf are two common vegetables that are commonly used in the preparation of soups and porridge. However, blending these vegetables into a scent leaf and bitter leaf juice (natural drink) is another beneficial way to consume them.
Many people overlook the benefits of drinking natural drinks that are free of sugar and additional preservatives in favor of sodas and sugary drinks.
Also, in Nigeria, bitter leaf and sour leaf are two popular vegetables that are frequently used to make soups and oatmeal.
The best way to consume these vegetables is still by blending them into a healthy beverage. In favor of soda and other sugary drinks, which when consumed in excess have a variety of complex health effects, many people miss the advantages of consuming natural beverages free of added sugar and preservatives.
It is advised that you increase your intake of natural drinks since they are easy to make and great for the body. In this post, the advantages of juicing bitter and fragrant leaves for health will be covered. As the name suggests, bitter leaf is an extremely bitter vegetable.
See: 10 Amazing Benefits of Watermelon| Unusual Risks You Should Know
Onugbo and ewuro are the Igbo and Yoruba words for it, respectively. The Igbo people of Nigeria enjoy a traditional dish called bitter leaf soup, which is made from bitter leaf. Scent leaf is referred to as nchuanwu in Igbo and Efirin in Yoruba. This vegetable is frequently used as a spice in food because of its distinctive flavor and aroma.
12 Amazing Health Benefits of Scent Leaf and Bitter Leaf
The following are some health benefits of consuming scent leaf and bitter leaf
1. Stomach issues are treated: Bitter leaf juice and fragrance leaf are both known for their favorable effects on the stomach. Their juice can be extracted and consumed to ease the signs and symptoms of diarrhea, constipation, dysentery, and an upset stomach.
2. Promote the generation of blood: Due to their high iron content, bitter and scented leaves are useful for regenerating blood counts. Juices from astringent and bitter leaves can help stop blood loss.
3. Assists in lowering high blood glucose levels: According to legend, bitter leaf helps diabetics because of its bitter taste, which lowers blood sugar levels. Combining it with aromatic leaves makes it more effective at lowering blood sugar. Diabetics are advised to consume this beverage every day.
4. Supports liver cleansing: The liver is an important organ in the body. Studies have revealed that the liver’s health can be improved by using bitter leaf and fragrant leaf juice to help the liver remove toxins.
5. Assists in preventing malaria: The antimalarial properties of bitter leaf are well known for helping to cure and prevent malaria. Studies have demonstrated the effectiveness of bitter and aromatic leaves in reducing mosquito bites. It is recommended that you juice these vegetables and consume the resulting mixture for greater health.
6. Impact on fertility: Bitter leaves are extremely beneficial to women’s reproductive systems. They have extracts like edotides in them that support hormonal harmony. Increased chances of becoming pregnant follow from this. They also help strengthen the immune system, which aids in the fight against toxicity.
7. Aid in Weight Loss: These leaves are made up of a variety of ingredients that aid in weight loss by removing harmful cholesterol. You can use the leaves to help you lose weight by adding them as a vegetable to your regular meals or by juicing them.
8. Cancer prevention: Bitter leaves have the anti-cancer compound andrographolide. Scientific research has shown that this ingredient is an effective treatment for a number of cancers, including colon, prostate, and gastric cancers. Bitter leaf extracts support a stronger immune system, which slows the growth of tumors and the spread of cancerous cells.
Read also: What is Mediterranean Diet? Top 20 Mediterranean Diet Recipes You Should Know
7 Good Reasons to Eat Cucumbers
9. Patients with diabetes and high blood pressure are advised to consume bitter leaves frequently. Lowers high blood pressure In hypertensive patients, the potassium in the leaves helps prevent sodium levels from rising too high. It eliminates the salt buildup in the blood.
10. Treats digestive problems: Bitter leaves are well known for treating and preventing a number of digestive problems.
11. Relieve Stomach Ache: The scent leaf is an aromatic herb that is more than a sweet-smelling plant. By drinking a cup of the bitter leaves twice a day or eating them as vegetables, you can relieve the stomach issues listed below:
- Upset stomach
- Gastrointestinal tract diseases.
Excellent larvicidal, antipyretic, antibacterial, and antifungal properties help prevent and treat infections and diseases.
12. Keeping your eyes healthy: The scent leaf is full of vitamin A, which the retina needs to stay healthy. To create the light-absorbing molecule known as rhodopsin, it is combined with the protein opsin. For color and low-light vision, the molecule is essential.
Is there any other benefit you would like to be included here? Kindly respond through the comment section below.
2 thoughts on “Scent Leaf and Bitter Leaf Juice: 12 Health Benefits Revealed”
I use the scent leaves for my noodles and pepper soup
I also like the bitter leaf soup delicacy
SL I consume them indirectly except when I get sick